This website has detected that you're running an Ad Blocker! :joy:

Please help out your VA Community by disabling your Ad Blocker so we can bring you awestastical services! 

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Hey folks. We are kicking around the idea of opening a VA MUD. For those who dont know what a MUD is.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUD

Briefly it's an online text based rpg. The father to the modern MMO, if you will. I'm looking for anyone that has experience with MUD coding and building, or anyone with playing experience that would like to learn how to work on a MUD. We are in the process of selecting a codebase to start with now, hopefully we can start working on the MUD in the next couple weeks. If you are interested, post here.

Thanks!

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind :) I played a few not a whole lot but I love the ideas and story they have. I can maybe help with maps or something thats not code....lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Huskysapper said:

I wouldn't mind :) I played a few not a whole lot but I love the ideas and story they have. I can maybe help with maps or something thats not code....lol

Yeah man, building isn't hard, really. There's a bit of a learning curve as far the commands go. The biggest part of building is being creative, and being able to express your ideas in a way people can really picture what you are trying to describe.

Thanks for the interest. We are still looking into codebases but there will be area maps in whatever base we use.

• Like 1

Cool man. Once I get a base up and running I'll get you guys in to check it out and see if you like it or not. Hopefully I can do that this weekend. I've got my linux box up and running, just need to get a new ethernet cable for it.

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Facebook Feed