This website has detected that you're running an Ad Blocker! :joy:

Please help out your VA Community by disabling your Ad Blocker so we can bring you awestastical services! 

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Hey all who read! I'm a new member of the stream team and the group as a whole. I'm interested in jumping into a F2P MMO. I feel that they have a lower barrier of entry and we could get current member into the game for little to no cost as well as potential members to join not just the group in game but maybe as a whole! If anyone is interested lets talk about it!

quite a bit of people are playing warframe right now in less you're talking about a new f2p MMO?

Warframe isn't really an MMO. It is more like Overwatch or PoE. I'm thinking more like the Traditional MMO style.

Good question! I've been out of the MMO scene for a long time. The last 'free' one I enjoyed was TERA. 

28 minutes ago, Strikes said:

Good question! I've been out of the MMO scene for a long time. The last 'free' one I enjoyed was TERA. 

I agree. TERA had a good blend of the classic MMO feel with, for sure, the best action combat so far. I was always a fan of Raids and dungeons. I love running them, and Tera has really unique bosses. TERA is really popular, and so are a few others. 

For many years I was obsessed with RIFT, even after it's free to play transition. I haven't really played many MMOs in awhile, but that would be my vote if you're looking for one.

RIFT has for sure improved since release. IDK the player base, also I know you need to buy expansions so that increases the barrier of entry, but that puts it even with GW2. RIFT has one of, if not the best, character class customization in the MMO genre. PoE has the best in any game I have played but again it really isn't an MMO. Im also really interested in doing RP within a game as well.

RIFT has always done a lot of things right. It was one of my most successful runs in an MMO. 

Im checking now, but I should have everything current for RIFT. Ill look into playing it some more. Im also playing TERA and GW2 currently to get the feel for both games. Leaning TERA at the moment. Combat is smoother and the game isnt bogged down with extra things. It feels more traditional, the Raids are better IMO as well. 

I will also look at Devilian. I'll see how healthy it is.

Facebook Feed